February 15, 2018 6:00 pm
February 15, 2018 9:00 pm
CANDIDATE FORUM SET FOR THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2018
Corpus Christi, TX: Plan to Attend!
The League of Women Voters-Corpus Christi will host a CANDIDATE FORUM on Thursday, February 15, 2018, for candidates who are opposed in the upcoming March 6, 2018, Democratic and Republican Primary Elections.
What: Candidate Forum
When: 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m., Thursday, February 15, 2018
Where: Council Chambers (first floor) at Corpus Christi City Hall, 1201 Leopard Street, Corpus Christi, TX 78401
Who: Candidates in the following races will be seated on the dais at the approximate times indicated:
• US Representative, District 27 (10 candidates)—6:10 p.m.
• State Board of Education, District 2 (4 candidates)—7:10 p.m.
• 148th District Court Judge (4 candidates)—7:30 p.m.
• District Clerk (2 candidates)—8:00 p.m.
• Justice of the Peace, Precinct 1, Place 3 (2 candidates); Justice of the Peace, Precinct 2, Place 2 (3 candidates); and Justice of the Peace, Precinct 5, Place 2 (2 candidates)—8:20 p.m.
At the February 15th Forum, candidates seated on the dais will have 2 minutes each to introduce themselves, provide an opening statement, and answer questions submitted to them. The Forum is free and open to the public as well as to candidates’ families and supporters. The purpose of the Candidate Forum is to inform voters who will be voting in the March 6th Primary Election.
The League of Women Voters-Corpus Christi, founded in 1946, is a nonpartisan, political organization that encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy. The League does not support or oppose any political party or candidate.
Mrs. Chris Davis Garcia, LWV-CC President, 991-2784